With young age or puberty, the body goes through many hormonal changes that result in all the visible physical changes. Blackheads are also one of those signs of young and adolescent age.
Blackheads are yellow and black colored bumps that appear in the clogged skin pores or hair follicles. The continuous accumulation of dirt particles and sweat in the open skin pores results into the clogging and ultimately blackheads.
These generally occur due to the excessive use of cosmetics, genetics, stress, lack of skin care, heavy sweating and pollution. Basically, blackheads appear on the nose, face, neck, back, chest, arms and shoulders.
Most people resort to squeezing them out with hands, causing lots of pain and scars in the process. It is a very difficult, painful and bad way so here we have brought you easy and natural tricks for blackheads removal.
Here are some best home remedies for blackheads:
Lemon is a natural skin brightening and cleansing agent, acting as an excellent skin toner. It is used in almost all beauty regimes owing to its bleaching properties. Also, it is very easy to use and make your skin look fresh and alive by removing the dead skin cells.
- Cut a lemon and pour some salt on half the lemon.
- Now slowly and gently scrub with it on the body parts affected with blackheads at least for 5 minutes.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes and wash afterward with water.
2. Baking soda
Baking soda is used in number of dishes to impart soft and airy taste to the food. Apart from that, it can also be used to maintain a healthy skin, free of blackheads and dead cells. It exfoliates the skin and removes any dirt and blackheads by opening the pores.
- Make a baking soda paste by mixing it with water.
- Now apply this paste on the face and massage it gently to exfoliate.
- Wash the face just after that and apply a good moisturizing cream.
Sugar is also a very good and easy remedy to fight off the blackheads. It is the best exfoliator that opens the clogged pores by removing the extra oil and dirt accumulated.
- Take some sugar in a bowl and few drops of lemon juice. Scrub with this mixture gently and leave it for few minutes. Later, wash it off and moisturize.
- Or else, mix some sugar with an oil (coconut, jojoba, almond or olive oil). Apply this mixture on the blackheads and leave it for 15 minutes or overnight. Wash it off afterward and see the results in 2 weeks.
Cinnamon is also highly effective in blackheads removal. A lot of face masks can be prepared which are sure to give you the desired results.
- Mix one teaspoon of cinnamon powder with 3 teaspoon honey and apply it evenly on the face. Wash it off after 5-10 minutes.
- Or else, mix one teaspoon cinnamon powder and 2 teaspoon lemon juice with a pinch of turmeric. Apply this face pack evenly and then wash the face after it dries completely.
Steam is the most commonly used method to remove blackheads and effective too. It loosens the skin and opens up the pores to expose the blackheads and other dirt particles in the skin cells. That makes them easy to remove with the help of any good exfoliator.
- Take a steaming water in a small tub. Now come close to the steam and cover your head with a towel so that all the steam comes to your face.
- Remain in the same position for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Now just apply light pressure with the nails on blackhead prone area. They will pop up very easily in no time.
Honey is a very good antiseptic and soothing agent. It moisturizes the face and softens up the skin cells that help get rid of dead skin and blackheads.
- Apply some honey on the face. Let it dry for few minutes. Wash the face and pat it dry.
- Or else, pour some drops of honey on half a lemon piece and now rub it in the face. Leave for few minutes and then wash the face with lukewarm water.