Dengue fever is the most severe kind of viral infection affecting millions of people each year. This viral infection occurs due to the mosquito named Aedes. This mosquito carries a dreadful virus which enters the human body through a mosquito bite.
Some common symptoms of dengue are body pain, headache, high temperature and skin rash. It is a deadly disease, if not look after properly and in time. The blood platelet count depletes rapidly and poses a life-threatening situation.
Here is the list of some home remedies for dengue fever:
Neem is a best herbal tree which is found in a wide range in India. Every part of neem tree like bark, leaves, fruit is antiseptic and antibacterial in nature. Neem leaves smoke is very effective in killing mosquitos and microbes present in the atmosphere to prevent dengue at first place.
Chemicals found in neem help improve blood platelet and WBC’s count in the body to fight against dengue virus.
- Take some dried neem leaves. Create smoke out of these leaves and spread it in your whole house to prevent the breeding of mosquitos at first place.
- Boil neem leaves in a water. Drink this hot concoction 2-3 times a day.
- Or else, apply neem oil on your whole body as it is a good mosquito repellant.
2. Papaya leaves
Papaya leaves are also said to be the best cure for the depleting blood platelet count. Its juice contains an enzyme called papain that heals the damaged liver and therefore cures dengue.
- Take some papaya leaves without a stalk. Grind them to make a paste without adding any water. Take this juice raw with no additives like sugar and salt twice a day.
- Adults can take 10 ml of juice and for kids, 5 ml is enough. Use this remedy from the first day of dengue diagnosis for best results.
Giloy or Guduchi is mentioned in Ayurveda as one of the best cures for dengue. It is a herbal plant useful in many diseases due to its antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic nature.
It is a very effective natural treatment for dengue that rejuvenates the immunity system to fight against dengue virus.
- Take giloy stem and grind it with a small amount of water to make half a cup of juice.
- Drink it empty stomach in the morning.
4. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is a very good natural herbal plant and is used in a number of diseases. It is very easily planted at home in earthen pots. The enzymes present in it increase the platelet count and helps immune system fight against the dengue virus.
- Drink its juice two times a day.
- Or else, extract aloe vera gel by cutting the leaf vertically. Now eat a small amount of this gel.
Tulsi or Basil Leaf is also one of the best natural remedies for dengue. It is a sacred plant and is found in abundance in every Indian household. It has many health benefits and is considered best ayurvedic medicine.
Tulsi brings down the dengue fever by perspiration and also provides relief from other symptoms of dengue.
- Add 2-3 leaves of tulsi to hot water. Drink this water twice a day.
- Or else, chew 5 leaves of tulsi with water in morning and evening.
Turmeric is an age old Ayurvedic remedy. It is an antiseptic that helps improve the immunity of the body. It boosts the healing process and brings down the body temperature to normal.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder to a glass of warm milk.
Pomegranate is a good source of a lot of vitamins and minerals. It is widely used for overall health benefits. It promotes the blood cells in the body which become less while suffering from dengue.
Pomegranate juice provides relief and strength to the ailing and weak body.
- Drink one glass of pomegranate juice a day.
- Or else, eat reddish colored and sweet pomegranate seeds.
8. Fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek seeds soothe down the pain in the body parts. These detoxify the body and help a person feel light and at ease after all the suffering caused by dengue.
- Soak a tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in a water overnight. Strain the water next morning and boil it. Keep it to cool down for some time and then drink it.
- Or else, take 1 teaspoon of the seeds with water once a day.