Lips are the most beautiful part of the face. Lip skin is super soft and thin which easily gets damaged on exposure to harsh conditions.
They do not have oil glands for automatic generation. Thus need proper care and external moisturizing agent for nourishment and damage repair.
The chapped, dry, itchy, cracked and painful lips are the result of :
- Exposure to sun
- Harsh Winter air
- Licking of lips
- Overuse of cosmetics
Out of these winter climate plays the greatest havoc and to maintain the lip skin gets really hard. Winter season calls for a thorough care of the lips to keep them soft and beautiful.
So here we bring you best home remedies to protect the lips in winter season:
1. Almond oil
Almond oil is a very effective and natural moisturizer for delicate and dry lips. The vitamin E present in it gets absorbed into the soft skin of lips and provides nourishment that repair the damaged lip.
- It also makes the lip soft and supple and that too within few minutes of applying.
Glycerin is a humectant that locks the moisture into the skin and thus makes the dry lips soft and damage free. It also restores the natural pink color of lips.
- Mix equal amount of both glycerin and rose water.
Sugar crystals act as a scrub or exfoliator. They help remove the dead skin cells of lips and restores the softness. It freshens the dry lips and nourishes them.
- Mix sugar and honey and apply it on the wet lips in a circular motion.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes and then rinse it off. Practice this twice a week.
Honey is a good nourishing agent that soothes down the irritating lips in the cold weather. It makes for a commendable remedy with many other readily available and natural things like lemon, glycerin and sugar. It removes the chapped and dead skin on the lip.
- Mix small amount of honey with either lemon juice, glycerin or sugar.
- Apply it on the lips.
- Rinse it after few minutes.
Ghee is the most natural and most effective remedy. It moistens and nourishes the lips and heals the damaged lip skin for longer time.
- Just apply a drop of ghee on the lips whenever you feel chapped lips.
Milk is another efficiently tested and tried remedy used for ages. ‘Malai’ is formed on the top layer of milk when it is boiled. This malai provides the real nourishment restoring the natural beauty of lips.
- Apply small amount of malai all over the lips and feel the result in just few seconds.
Lemon is a natural astringent and brightening agent that restores the natural color and keeps them moisturized.
- Apply lemon juice over the lips mixed with glycerin or honey.
8. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is a very good moisturizer. Lot of healthy nutrients present in it nourish the lips and also repair the damaged skin.
- Take a fresh aloe vera leaf. Cut it vertically and extract the gel.
- Apply this gel on your lips overnight or in morning.