Fever is very common ailment and results in the soaring of body temperature. The normal temperature of the body is said to be 98.6-degree Celsius. Generally, the body temperature varies for children and adult.
According to the National Institute of Health (NH), human suffers from a fever when body temperature exceeds the limit of 99- 99.5 degrees F. And this range is same for both child and adult.
The reason behind the fever is any type of infection in the body like urinary tract infection(UTI), flu, gastroenteritis, cancer etc. The body temperature rises when immunity system tries to fight away this infection.
So a fever is a good thing which shows good immunity of your body. And no allopathic medicine is required as fever wears off by itself in 2-3 days. But if it is making you uncomfortable and temperature reaches the maximum limit then opt for natural remedies.
Also if the temperature reaches 104 degrees F then you should consult a doctor as it can become dangerous at that point.
Here we suggest you some best home remedies for fever:
1. Malabar nut
Malabar nut is very beneficial medicinal herb used in a number of diseases. The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties help fight against any type of infections that cause fever.
- Make a decoction of its leaves and take it in the morning during fever.
Garlic is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory that enables the immune system to fight away diseases. Its warm nature brings down the high temperature by promoting sweating. Also, it helps flush out the toxins accumulated in the body that causes the fever.
- Take 2-3 cloves of raw garlic empty stomach daily to avoid any infection in the body.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera contains a lot of vitamins and minerals. It builds the immunity of the body by reducing the oxidative stress that weakens the immune system and thus helps fight off the bacterial infections that cause fever.
- Drink one tablespoon aloe vera juice mixed in one cup of water.
- Eat pure and fresh aloe gel by extracting it yourself from the leaf.
4. Giloy or guduchi
Giloy a natural well-known medicinal herb since ancient times can be planted at home too. Its strong antioxidant properties boost the immunity and protect from infections.
It helps reduce the chronic fever and also very beneficial in dengue and chikungunya.
- Take giloy stem and grind it by adding some water. Drink this giloy juice empty stomach daily.
- Also, available in the market in powder form which is also good.
5. Tulsi or Basil leaves
Tulsi is commonly found in every household and worshiped as a sacred plant. It is sacred owing to its high medicinal values. It improves the immunity and helps the body fight against severe bacterial and viral infections or fever.
- Add some tulsi leaves in a boiling water along with some sugar. Drink this tea 2-3 times a day.
- Also, add some tulsi leaves in a glass of boiled milk. Drink it warm.
- Extract tulsi juice by adding few drops of water in 4-5 leaves of tulsi. Drink it 2- 3 times a day with cold water to bring down fever.
Clove is antiseptic and anti-bacterial in nature and these properties enable the body fight against infections.
- Use clove in the daily food recipes.
- Use clove in a tea. Drink this tea for 2-3 times a day.
Ginger is natural antiviral and antibacterial herb that fights down the infections efficiently. It is the best natural remedy beneficial in a large number of body illness.
- Make a nice decoction by mixing some ginger in the boiling water. Sip it warm for 2-3 times a day.
- Mix one tablespoon of ginger juice, one tablespoon of lemon juice and one tablespoon of honey. Take this mixture for 2-3 times a day.
Neem is an age old medicinal plant used since ancient times in India. Every part of the neem plant is used in one or other disease. It is antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and astringent in nature.
It boosts the immunity to fight against fever-causing viral infections in the body.
- Place few leaves of neem at your bedside to counter the viruses present in the air and to stop them from multiplying.
- Eat few leaves of neem with honey 2-3 times a day.
9. Cold water
Cold water is the best way to bring down the fever. This is a traditional and natural therapy recommended by experienced ones and for sure brings down the temperature.
- Soak the fine cloth in cool water and wring it. Place this damp cloth on your forehead, armpits and the back of the neck. Change the cloth regularly after few minutes to prevent any further infections.
- Soak a fine sheet in slightly cooler water and wrap yourself from head to toe in it precisely. Then place a blanket or dry towel over this wet sheet. Lie down in this state for 15 minutes until the wet sheet starts getting warm.
- Also, drink 8-10 glasses of normal water per day to avoid dehydration which is very likely to occur during fever.