When it comes to healthy and glowing skin, most people look upon beauty products available in the market as a solution. But one should understand that what you put in your body is more important than what you put on your body.
Eating nutritious food is very important for a glowing and vibrant skin.
Here we give you home remedies for glowing skin:
Banana contains potassium and Vitamin E. It moisturizes the skin and helps get rid of a rough and dry skin. Banana face masks also cure pimples and dark spots. Various banana face masks to try at home are:
Banana and milk mask
Take a ripe banana and mash it in a bowl. Add some milk to make a fine paste. Apply on the face. Wash with lukewarm water after 10-15 minutes.
Banana and lemon face pack
Take a ripe banana and mash it. Add 1 tsp. of honey and 1 tsp. of lemon juice and mix the ingredients thoroughly. Rub the mask into your face, using your clean fingers. Wait for 10-15 minutes and wash your face with lukewarm water.
Milk is widely used since ancient times as a natural beauty product. It contains Zinc and Vitamin A and many other nutrients that contribute to the fairness and glowing skin.
- Take a milk bath daily for a soft and fair skin.
- Apply a layer of milk over your face with the cotton ball. Rinse the face with water after 15 minutes. It will work as a toner.
- Mix some fresh milk with Multani matti to make a fine face mask. Apply it over the face and rinse with warm water 15 minutes. It will give you fresh and radiant skin instantly.
3. Lemon water
Being citrus, Vitamin C screens the skin from getting dull and keeps it fresh and vibrant. The astringent properties of lemon cure acne, blackhead and all skin infections. It removes toxic materials from the body and purifies the blood. Thus imparting you the glowing skin.
- Drink one glass of lemon water daily morning.
The saffron oil present in it prevents the skin from getting dull and gives it a natural and fair glow. It has anti-bacterial properties that cure acne.
- When mixed with milk, saffron acts as a best skin lightening agent.
- Make a face pack of Honey and saffron. In 1tbspn of honey, add few strands of saffron. Mix it well and apply on face. Doing it once in a week gives you glowing skin.
Tomato contains antioxidants that prevent the face from sunburns or UV rays and thus keep the fairness intact. If your face is prone to getting acne fast then tomato is a solution. It has nutrients that keep the skin fresh.
- Take the 2 tbsp both of tomato juice and honey and mix them well. Apply the mixture on the face. Wait for 10 minutes then wash the face with the cool water.
Papaya is a rich source of lots of vitamins and many other compounds required for the healthy and glowing skin. It contains Papain, an enzyme that provides a large amount of nutrition to the skin.
Being an antioxidant it lightens the dark spots, acne marks and other blemishes on the face. It also acts as an anti-aging product that keeps the wrinkles at bay.
- Mix mashed papaya with honey and lemon juice. Apply the mixture on face. Let it dry for 15 minutes. Wash with warm water.