Pink lips are the most beautiful part of the outer appearance of the body. It enhances the beauty. So special care is required to keep their shine intact.
If not looked after properly they tend to become dry, dull and black. Heavy Smoking and drinking are the main culprits responsible for the darkening of lips. The other reasons are using bad quality cosmetics, over exposure to the sun, caffiene and hormonal imbalances.
Lip balms and petroleum jelly available of various brands are effective for few hours only. They need to be applied many times a day to get them soft. And the continuous application of these products will lead to darkening of lips, thereby losing their natural pink color. Natural home remedies provide no harm and efficiently serve the purpose too.
Here is the list of home remedies to get soft pink lips:
1. Rose and milk
Rose petals impart a red color to the lips. Milk moisturizes the dry lips and heals the cracked and chapped lips efficiently.
- Take a teaspoon of milk. Add a crushed rose petal to it. Leave it for few minutes.
- Apply this mixture on your lips overnight.
Lemon is the best exfoliator that lightens the color of lips. It removes the dead layer of lips and imparts them a natural color.
- Rub lemon peel on your lips for 5 minutes.
- Wash it off after few minutes.
Honey is also a very good remedy since ancient time for all types of diseases. In the case of dark and dull lips honey is a wonderful moisturizer. It nourishes the lips with nutrients that soften and beautify them.
- Take a drop of honey on fingertips and rub it on your lips gently for few minutes.
- Then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this regularly for once a day.
4. Butter or ghee
Butter or ghee is the best moisturizing and healing agent. It pumps life into the dull and dry lips. It helps them remit their natural pink color.
- Apply butter or ghee on your lips whenever they feel to be dry.
Sugar is a natural scrubber that removes the dead layer of lips. The removal of dead layer gives way to fresh and rejuvenated new layer.
- Mix some sugar with lemon juice. Rub this mix on your lips gently.
- Wash it off after few minutes with cold water.
Pomegranate juice contains an element that stops melanin production in lips which is the main reason behind dark lips. It makes the lips soft to touch and pink to see.
- Blend pomegranate seeds and extract the juice.
- Dip a cotton in this juice and dab on the lips.
- Drink the remaining juice or you can also store it in the refrigerator to use it again for lips.
- Do this daily for best results.
7. Almond oil
Almond oil is a wonderful thing that serves a multi purpose for your lips. It lightens the lip color and makes them look shining. The Vitamin E present in almond moisturizes the lips to the core so that they will never remain dull and dry.
- Massage a drop of almond oil on the lips for two times a day.
8. Aloe vera
Aloe vera gel moisturizes the lips perfectly well. The little stickiness of the gel fill the cracks and heals them. And when the lips are well moisturized and treated naturally then the pink color of lips will retain automatically.
- Take some aloe vera gel from fresh leaf.
- Massage it on your lips twice a day.