Stretch marks are found on almost every person’s body. These are not a disease to say, but a meager deformation of skin that does not pose any problem. These are skin colored lines that occur mostly on thighs, waist, breasts, buttocks, lower back and upper arms.
The main reason behind stretch marks is weight gain, pregnancy and rapid weight loss. All these events lead to the sudden stretching of skin and leave marks that look like the skin has stretched in the folds at that place. Commonly, according to studies, women are more likely to get them and also out of women it’s pregnant women who get the most.
When these stretch marks are visible to other people, they look ugly and are a source of embarrassment. Many expensive cosmetics are available in the market for the same. But why to use them when it can be cured easily and naturally at home only. With the application of the remedies, these get faded away or become transparent so that is not visible too much.
Here is the list of home remedies for stretch marks:
1. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is a natural healing and lightening agent. The regular application of coconut oil lightens the stretch marks by healing and repairing the deformed skin.
- Massage coconut oil on the stretch marks twice a day regularly.
2. Almond oil
Almond oil is rich in Vitamin E which nourishes the skin and also lightens the marks.
- Massage pure almond oil gently on the stretch marks daily while going to bed. Leave them overnight.
3. Castor oil
Castor oil is all in one solution for all your skin related problems. It helps to lighten the stretch marks and that too in just a month if applied regularly.
- Massage castor oil evenly on the stretch marks and wrap a fine cotton cloth on that area.
- Now place a hot water bottle on the cloth for few minutes.
- Repeat the process for once daily.
4. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is a natural herb and is recommended by experts to be the best remedy for stretch marks. It has shown the most promising results and that too in a short period of time. It fades away the marks due to its skin soothing and lightening properties.
Aloe vera can be obtained from home garden, fresh and pure. Also, it is available in the market.
- Rub a small amount of aloe vera gel on the stretch marks and allow it to soak into the skin layers.
- Leave it overnight and repeat the process daily.
5. Olive oil
Extra virgin olive oil has the capability to lighten the stretch marks. When applied regularly and for a long period time it is supposed o give positive results. The nutrients and minerals present in it heal the damaged skin cells and allows the proper blood supply to the nerves.
- Massage with virgin olive oil on stretch marks twice a day.
6. Lemon juice
Lemon juice is a natural astringent and is one of the most efficient color lightening agents. It rejuvenates the damaged and dried skin. It repairs the dead skin cells and thus has the capability to reduce them or remove them.
- Rub Lemon peel on the stretch marks and leave it on for few minutes. Later wash it off.
- Or else, take one tablespoon of lemon juice. Apply it over the stretch marks twice a day and leave it on for few minutes.
Sugar is the natural exfoliator readily available in our kitchen. It removes the damaged dead skin over the stretch marks and gives way to the fresh and new skin to appear. Thus reducing the stretch marks that appear on the various parts of the body.
- Mix sugar with small amount of almond oil and lemon juice.
- Massage it on the stretch marks until deeply absorbed.
8. Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil also helps the stretch marks to fade away naturally when applied regularly for long period of time. It is very useful in removing any blemishes and spots on the body.
- Massage the tea tree oil on stretch marks before going to bed.
- Leave it overnight and wash it off next morning.