Sun tan is a major skin related issue that causes dark colored patches on some parts.
It is caused due to over exposure to the sun. The ultra violet rays of sun enhance the melanin production in the body that leads to skin darkening. These black patches make the skin look dull and also cause acne, irritation and itching.
Sunburn skin can be restored to its natural glow with good care and patience. Skin needs to be nourished and look after regularly.
There’s no need to run after expensive cosmetics available in abundance. Even the sunscreen lotions of high SPF are not able to protect from the harmful UV rays completely. These are not that much effective in comparison to the home made and natural remedies.
Here is the list of best home remedies for sun tanned skin:
Lemon is a natural bleaching agent that clears the skin. The vitamin C helps lighten the skin tone and removes dirt and dead skin cells.
- Rub off the lemon peel on tanned areas. Leave it for some time before washing of the face.
- Or else, add some sugar to the lemon juice and rub this mixture on your face. Wash it off after few minutes.
- Or else, add some honey to the lemon juice and apply this pure pack on your face. Let it stay for 15-20 minutes. Then wash it off.
Sugar is also a good scrubber and exfoliator that removes dead skin cells. Honey is a good moisturizer for dry skin, it rejuvenates the dull and dry skin in winter.
2. Roughage of wheat flour
Roughage of wheat floor is a very good natural scrub, free of any chemical, used since the ancient times to maintain the beauty of skin. The regular use of this remedy is sure to provide you with tan free skin.
- Mix roughage with rose water. You can also add some lemon juice to it.
- Apply it evenly on the sun tan areas.
- Wash it off after few minutes.
- Repeat it twice a week.
3. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is a very good natural remedy for all the skin woes. It removes the dark patches and also nourishes the skin to restore its glow. It gives the best results when applied regularly.
- Apply fresh aloe vera gel on the affected areas overnight.
- Wash it off next morning.
4. Gram flour
Gram flour or besan is very well known for its wonders on the skin. It acts as a natural scrub and rejuvenates the skin by removing the dead skin cells. If used regularly it is sure to give you good results within few days.
- Make a paste of gram flour with rose water (gulabjal) or curd.
- Apply this paste evenly on the face.
- Leave it for few minutes and then wash it off.
- Repeat the process for at least twice a week.
Use curd for dry face and rose water for oily face.
Turmeric is also antiseptic in nature and heals the tanned skin effectively. It provides the natural glow and sheen to the skin by clearing away the sun tan.
- Add a pinch of turmeric to the gram flour and make a paste by adding rose water.
- Apply it on the face and wash it off after drying.
Orange is also a skin brightening natural remedy available readily. It is a natural exfoliator that removes the dead skin and sun tan marks.
- Take orange peels and let them dry under the sun.
- Make a powder of these dried peels.
- Mix this powder with rose water to make a paste and apply it evenly on your face.
- Wash it off after few minutes.
- Repeat this twice a week for good results.
Potato is also a very useful skin lightening agent and is used since times to treat the sun tan and burns effectively.
- Apply potato juice on the sun tanned skin. Wash it off after few minutes. Repeat it daily for good results.
- Or else, put raw potato slices on the affected skin.
8. Multani Matti or Fuller’s Earth
Multani Matti is the best face pack for the face and body in overall. It evens the skin tone and removes any dirt and dead cells. Regular use of Multani Matti provides soft and supple skin, free of any blemishes and tanning.
- Mix Multani Matti with rose water or simple water.
- Apply this paste on your face.
- Wash it off with cold water when dry.
Sandalwood is a very good cooling agent that soothes the burning skin due to sun tan. The relief it gives to the inflamed skin is just ethereal and has no other match. Additionally, it also improves the tone and texture of your skin.
There’s no need to buy sandalwood powder from the market. Instead, go for more pure sandalwood stick. The one stick lasts for long and will thus provide you with much cheap skin care option.
- Rub the sandalwood stick on stone with some water.
- Take a teaspoon of this paste and apply it evenly on the face.
- Leave it on for few minutes and then wash it off.
Cucumber is another coolant that pacifies the irritated skin. The citrus nature of cucumber lightens the skin tone and moisturizes it well.
- Apply cucumber juice on the sun tanned areas mixed with lemon juice. Wash it off after few minutes.
- Or else, rub cucumber slices on the tanned skin.
- Wear full sleeves cloth and use an umbrella when going out in direct sun rays.
- Using sunscreen lotion of SPF 15 and above is important for protection.