Eczema is a genetic disease and is of many types. It’s also called dermatitis interchangeably which refers to ‘inflamed skin’. During eczema skin becomes red, dry and patches appear occasionally followed by blisters also. There is heavy itching and causes a lot of discomforts.
There are many reasons like allergy, stress, genetic disorder which lead to this disease. It mainly occurs in child and appears after 1 year of age. Patches appear on face after 3-4 months and then covers the whole body with heavy itching. These children are prone to asthmatic conditions also. Generally, these start disappearing at 17 years of age.
There are many ointments and creams available as an effective treatment of eczema. But there is no need of these artificially made products which along with having further side effects, are costly too.
Here are some best home remedies for eczema:
Tulsi is revered as a sacred plant by Indians and is found in every Indian household. It has many health benefits and possesses wide healing properties. It is antiseptic in nature and this holy plant can be used in almost every type of disease.
- Take 2-3 leaves of tulsi with the normal water empty stomach in the morning.
- A paste of fresh leaves, mixed with lemon juice, is applied on eczema, ringworm and other skin diseases.
- Dry the tulsi leaves and powder them. Take 1/2 teaspoon of this powder daily as a permanent cure from skin diseases.
Papaya is healthy for the skin. It nourishes the skin and keeps it glowing when used regularly. It works as a natural scrubber, removing the dead and irritating cells on the skin.
- Rub the inside of the papaya skin on your skin.
3. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is a very effective natural moisturizer used to moisten the dry skin. It is a very beneficial herbal plant possessing a number of medicinal uses. Aloe vera gel forms an outer layering on the skin and prevents it from any bacterial attack.
- Take fresh aloe vera leaf from the plant near you.
- Cut it vertically and extract the gel coming out from the leaf.
- Rub this gel on your face daily.
There is no need for expensive creams and moisturizers as they only degrade the skin instead of healing it. So go for natural moisturizer only.
Neem is also the best medicinal herb found in India. It has a number of health benefits because of its anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and soothing properties.
It is analgesic and helps relieve the pain in a number of diseases. For eczema, every part of neem tree is useful when taken in various different forms.
- Take some neem leaves and boil them in mustard oil. Apply this oil on the affected areas.
- Or else, boil some neem leaves in a water, Now wash eczema affected skin with this water.
- Or else, apply neem oil. It is very effective in nourishing the dry skin and if used regularly, it can particularly cure eczema. It helps retain skin moisture forever.
Babool tree is found in large number in India. It is a medicinal tree with every part being used for one or other diseases. It heals eczema affected skin efficiently.
- Boil babool tree bark in a water for few minutes. Take the steam on the affected areas. Then apply some ghee on these.
- Or else, Take this water boiled with babool bark. Dip a towel in it after reducing its boiling point to normal. Now place this towel on eczema affected areas. Later apply some ghee.
Turmeric is antiseptic in nature and thus helps fight away the skin allergies and infections. It is a very beneficial coolant for the skin to soothe down the inflammation.
- Mix raw turmeric in a glass of milk, a very beneficial drink.
- Make a turmeric paste by mixing a small amount of turmeric powder with a required amount of coconut oil.
- Apply this paste on the skin and rinse after 15 minutes with cold water.
7. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is the best remedy for the broken and rough skin. It penetrates deep into the pores of the skin and moistens the inner spaces to the core.
When skin loses its moisture it tends to become more irritated and itchy. So, oils and fats are the best solutions to reduce irritation and itching.
- Massage coconut oil on the affected areas.
- Mix camphor, coconut oil and wax, then apply it on affected parts.
Honey is antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial in nature. Thus protects the skin from infections and allergies which lead to the rough and patchy skin.
- Apply a thin layer of honey on the affected area. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Then rinse with cold water and pat dry.
- Repeat the process three times a day.
- Don’t eat curd and pickles and all other sour things while taking treatment.
- Wear loose cotton clothes.
- Do not rub soap on the affected parts.