Nowadays almost everyone whether it be men or women complains of hair fall. People tend to feel ashamed of themselves when they do not have sufficient amount of hair on their head to look attractive. And then in the jest to control such a situation, they run towards the hair fall treatments like shampoos, hair creams available in the market. These treatments use a lot of chemicals and are expensive which has many other side effects on our body.
Generally, genes play a major role but there are many other factors which led to hair fall. Some of these factors are environmental effects, stress, nutritional deficiency, hormonal imbalance, using harmful chemical based hair products and thyroid.
According to Ayurveda, hair fall occurs due to smoking and excess intake of tea and coffee. Always use herbal and natural products to cope with this situation and say no to expensive cosmetics.
Here are best home remedies for hair fall:
1. Hair oil massage
Proper hair oil massage is the most effective remedy for hair fall. Massaging hair and scalp with good oil increases the blood flow in the scalp and strengthens the root of the hair. It also distresses the person and provides great relaxation.
Coconut oil is considered best oil for massaging the scalp. It has all the required nutrients and vitamins to strengthen the root tips. Apart from that many other oils like almond oil, amla oil and olive oil are also very beneficial during hair fall.
- Take oil in the palm and massage it slowly and gently on your scalp rubbing with fingertips and applying mild pressure.
- Leave it overnight or for 30 minutes.
- Then wash the hair with good shampoo.
- Repeat it at least twice a week for good results.
Yogurt acts as a natural conditioner and provides shine to the hair. It has proteins and vitamins which nourish the scalp and make the roots strong. It also fights with dandruff and turns rough locks into shinier one.
- Take some yogurt and add some honey and lemon juice to it.
- Apply the mixture on your scalp and hair evenly.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash it off with shampoo.
- Repeat the process twice a week.
Honey and lemon juice have anti-microbial properties that promote the hair growth.
3. Amla or Indian Gooseberry
Amla or Indian Gooseberry is the most sought after remedy for hair fall. It not only treats hair fall but also has many other health benefits. Using it regularly in any form is sure to provide the desired results.
It is packed with Vitamin C and other antioxidants that rectify any deficiencies which led to hair fall. And thus help promote hair growth and nurtures the scalp.
- Drink amla juice empty stomach in the morning for 1 month.
- Thoroughly massage amla oil on the scalp and hair.
- Also, you can take amla powder available in the market.
- Mix amla pulp with lemon juice in equal quantities and massage the hair with it. Leave it overnight. Shampoo the hair next morning with lukewarm water.
4. Fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek, also known as methi, is an effective treatment for hair loss. These rebuilds the hair follicles and makes them strong. It also enhances the shine and length of hair.
- Soak some fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
- Next morning make the paste and make it consistent enough to be easily spreadable on the head by adding some water.
- Apply this paste on your head from root to tip and leave for 40 minutes.
- Wash with cold water.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is alkaline in nature that keeps the ph level of scalp and hair in balance. It promotes hair growth, provides natural sheen to the hair, soothes down the itching, makes them strong.
- Take aloe vera juice daily morning empty stomach.
- Or else, shampoo the hair. Apply aloe vera gel on whole head from the root to tip of the hair. Leave it for 1 hour and wash them off. Repeat the process 2 times a week for good results.
Henna is frequently used since old times, being used at the times of our grandmothers. It is the natural conditioner that nourishes the hair and makes them look lustrous. In addition, it also stops hair fall.
- Take henna powder available in the market.
- Mix it with water and apply evenly on the hair and scalp.
- Leave it for not more than 30 minutes and wash it off thoroughly.
Onion contains sulfur which increases cologne content and stops hair fall. It helps increase the new hair growth on the scalp by stimulating blood flow.
- Grind an onion and strain the juice.
- Apply this onion juice on the hair roots for at least 15 minutes and then rinse off.
Neem is also a natural herb and antiseptic in nature that makes it beneficial for various types of diseases. It strengthens the hair from roots and nourishes them with required minerals.
- Boil neem leaves in the water till only half of the water remains.
- Allow the water to cool down and then massage with this water in all the hair.
- Rinse off after few minutes