Almonds are multi-nutrient nuts which are packed with Vitamin E, Vitamin A, magnesium and protein. The oil extracted from these nuts is super beneficial and healthy for the whole body.
Here are top 7 benefits of almond oil on skin:
1. Avoids dry and patchy skin
Everyone tend to develop rough, dry and patchy skin, especially with the onset of winters. Winter plays havoc with the skin if not paid attention to. So, in spite of buying expensive lotions and creams, you can opt for more affordable and natural almond oil.
Packed with Vitamin E, A and B, which nourish the skin and keeps it hydrated. It is a light weight oil and doesn’t feel greasy to the skin. Almond oil locks the moisture of the skin and thus removes any dry patches or tear in the skin.
- Apply it just after bathing, as the oil gets absorbed easily that time.
- Massage it on the skin regularly for a soft and supple skin.
2. Avoids chapped lips
Lips are the most tender part of your face and need regular pampering. Winters make the lips dry, with layers ripped apart and dull looking. use of fancy lip balms available in the market are
The use of fancy lip balms available in the market doesn’t heal them properly and have a just temporary effect. On the other hand, lots of vitamins present in Almond oil penetrates into the lip layers and keeps them soft, shiny and pink for a longer period of time. Being a natural oil, it keeps the shine and color of lips intact. Also, avoid them from the harmful effect of ultraviolet rays.
- Apply almond oil on your lips, whenever they go chapped.
3. Acts a cleansing agent
Almond oil works well as a cleaning agent and also a makeup remover. The Vitamin A present opens up the clogged pores and removes all the dirt and impurities accumulated on the face. It is a lightweight oil that penetrates the pores.
In spite of oil medium, it is known to avoid developing acnes and also wipes off the already existing acnes and blackheads. It is also suitable to remove makeup around sensitive areas like eyes due to its anti-allergic properties on any type of skin.
- Take few drops of almond oil on the cotton ball and wipe your face with it.
- Make a natural scrub by mixing almond oil and fine sugar and rub it gently on your face. It exfoliates the skin thus removing dead skin cells. Wash the face.
4. Reduces tanning and dark circles
Long time exposure to the sun and harmful chemicals in the environment tend cause tanning and inflammation of the skin. Skin becomes patchy and red causing irritated feeling. Almond oil is a great rescuing agent that time.
- Apply the almond oil on dark circles under the eyes before going to bed.
- Apply few drops of oil on tanned areas massaging it gently for overnight.
- Mix 1 tablespoon honey, few drops lemon juice and almond oil and apply it on the tanned areas. Rub it gently and leave it on for 1 hour. Wash off the face with lukewarm water.
5. Lowers wrinkles and fine lines
A youthful and vibrant is what everyone wants even with the increasing age. But with the aging, increased exposure to the sun, anti-environmental conditions and wrong eating habits affect the skin adversely.
Almond oil rich in Vitamin E, a strong antioxidant keeps the skin moisturized and tightens it. Thus reducing the wrinkles and fine lines, which are the major aging signs.
Almond oil protects the skin layers and keeps alive the vibrance and glow of face.
6. Treats skin rashes
Skin rashes appear commonly on hips and thighs due to the constant friction of underwear. Also, in fat people constant rubbing of tigh skin amongst each other results in rashes.
Mostly people tend to use doctor prescribed zinc based anti rash creams. These creams are effective but not natural and have many side effects. So its advisable to use natural almond oil, it is rich in zinc which heals the rashes without any sideeffects.
- Apply small quantity of oil on the affected areas with finger tips or cotton ball. Rub it gently and leave it to get fully absorbed into the skin.
7. Amples eyebrows
Almond oil also helps boosting the eyebrow growth. The proteins and nutrient rich almond oil strenthens the eyebrow hair and darkens them. It is a easy and safe solution to those having thin eyebrows.
- Apply almond oil on the eyebrows and massage it. Leave it overnight and wash the face next morning.
- Repeat the same for a month to get the desired result.