Milk is a basic dairy product containing abundant of healthy nutrients like calcium, vitamins, protein, phosphorus and potassium. These compounds make the bones strong and also keep the body fit and healthy.
Many other dairy products are derived from milk and all of them are beneficial in every way to the body. These are the most natural and healthy resource available to nourish your body and to keep it immune against any kind of disease.
Now, people drink milk in two form – some prefer it to be hot and some cold. People tend to choose cold and hot on the basis of their taste buds or to satiate themselves. But, hot milk and cold milk, both have various health benefits and thus can be used accordingly to fight against the diseases.
Here we tell you when to drink hot milk and cold milk:
1.To boost energy
Hot milk increases the energy and gives sufficient boost to power.
- Add one spoon almond paste to a glass of hot milk and drink it daily with breakfast for the energetic day.
2. To boost memory power
Hot milk gives a kick to the memory power.
- Add a pinch of cardamom (elaichi) powder to a glass of warm milk.
3. To avoid constipation
Hot milk relieves you from chronic constipation. It acts as a laxative that smoothes up the stool and allows it to pass easily.
- Add a spoon to a glass of hot milk and drink it before going to bed.
4. During periods
Periods pain is very draining and that too with lots of blood loss takes away all the energy. Hot milk relieves the pain and is also helpful in controlling mood swings that are very common during menstrual or periods.
- Drink a glass of warm milk.
5. For good sleep
Hot milk contains tryptophan amino acid which produces chemicals called serotonin and melatonin and these are sleep inducing. Thus provides a good night sleep.
- Drink a glass of hot milk before going to bed.
1. For mouth sores
Mouth sores are very painful and sometimes become unbearable, rendering you unable to eat your food. Cold milk soothes down the mouth sores.
- Gargle with cold milk for at least three times a day.
2. For glowing skin
Cold milk keeps away from the skin problems, pimples and acne. Moreover, gives your skin a fresh and vibrant look by making it clear and fair.
Vitamin A and antioxidants in milk remove tanning and pigmentation to provide you with spotless and smooth skin.
- Add 1 spoon rose water (gulabjal) to 3 spoons cold milk. And apply it on the face as a mask.
- Wash the face after 10 minutes.
- Repeat the process twice a day daily to cleanse and exfoliate your face.
3. For acidity
Cold milk soothes down the burning sensation caused due to increased acid in the stomach. It provides instant relief from acidity and heartburn. The lactic acid present in milk neutralizes the excessive produced.
- Drink 1 small cup of cold milk after the meals.
4. During dehydration
Dehydration or water shortage in the body is common during hot summer season. Cold milk maintains the body temperature and also keeps the shortage of water in check.
- Drink 1 glass of cold milk in morning during summers.