Aloe vera is a well known natural and highly beneficial plant that is cultivated worldwide for centuries. It is a cactus like plant, having thick leaves that store aloe vera gel in it. Aloe gel is super nutritious containing lot of vitamins, amino acids and minerals.
Healing and regenerative properties of aloe gel are also approved through scientific research. It is widely used nowadays all over the world, in every household. And aloe vera gel production has become a very large industry, being used in cosmetics, diet supplements and health juices.
Aloe vera can be grown very easily in the kitchen for fresh use . Just grown it in a small pot and extract the natural fresh gel whenever in need. Aloe vera is known to purify the air also, so it is best to grow it at your home.
How to extract fresh gel from aloe vera plant:
- Take a fresh leaf from live aloe vera plant.
- Cut it horizontally from sideways.
- Spoon out the gel exposed on cutting.
- Collect this gel in a bowl and use it as required while it is fresh.
Benefits of aloe vera are:
1. For skin
Aloe vera is a perfect moisturizer for the dry skin. It doesn’t make the skin look greasy and is thus suitable for oily skin too. It balance out the moisture required by the skin and keeps it nourished.
- Apply aloe vera gel on the face after washing it with mild face wash.
2. For acne
Acne forms due to the accumulation of dirt and bacteria formation in the inner layers. The excess production of oil by the inner glands also cause the same. Aloe vera has healing and cleansing properties that removes the dust and also absorbs the excess of oil produced.
3. For blemishes and sunburns
Aloe vera is a natural skin clearing agent that clears out the acne marks and soothes the inflammation caused due to sun burns.
- Add few drops of lemon juice to the aloe vera gel.
- Massage this mix on the face and leave it overnight.
- Repeat it daily.
4. For hair fall
Aloe vera gel contains certain enzymes that help heal the scalp and also repair the hair follicles. This results in the reduced hair fall due to strong hair follicles that keep the hair firmly rooted. This makes the hair look voluminous, enhancing the overall beauty.
- Mix small amount of lemon juice in aloe vera gel.
- Apply it evenly on the scalp and hair.
- Wash it off after half an hour.
5. For weight loss
Aloe vera gel is a very good alternative to cut down the fat accumulated in the body. Cholesterol level gets decreased in the body and that prevents the person from many other major diseases.
- Eat freshly extracted aloe vera gel daily in the morning.
- Or else, drink aloe vera juice in the morning.
6. For dandruff
Dandruff occurs due to accumulation of dirt and dead cells on the scalp that causes intense itching. Aloe vera removes the dead cells formed. Its anti inflammatory properties also help get rid of any infection and soothes the scalp.
- Just apply a good amount of aloe vera gel on your scalp and leave it for few minutes.
7. For constipation
Aloe vera gel is a good laxative too. It helps in the quick digestion and smoothens the stool in the intestine.
8. For teeth and gum
Aloe vera is well known to keep oral health in check. It keeps teeth and gum healthy and strong devoid of any cavity causing bacteria.
Being natural product, it does not contain any chemical present in toothpastes. So it is suitable and best option for everyone.
- Apply fresh aloe vera gel on the teeth and gum.
- Massage it for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse it off thoroughly.
9. For diabetes
Aloe vera reduces blood sugar levels by stabilizing the amount of glucose in blood. Thus, it is well known for treating diabetes and its other effects too like inflammation, swelling etc.
- Take a half cup of aloe vera juice empty stomach in the morning.
- Or, take a spoon full of fresh aloe vera gel daily in the morning.
10. For healing burns
Aloe vera gel has soothing and cooling properties which helps heal the inflammation caused due to burns. It gives the instant relief and also helps remove the burn scars if used regularly.
- Apply fresh aloe vera gel on the affected parts twice per day.