The gastric problem has become very common among the people of every age group. From newborn child to the old ones, no one is left out. And all the blame goes to unhealthy and excess eating habits.
Bloating brings with itself firstly, the very embarrassing farting thing that can happen anytime and anywhere along with an awful smell. Secondly, in severe cases, it can lead to gastric pain that can occur in any part of the body like head, back, stomach, chest and lower abdomen.
It mainly occurs due to the eating of spicy food or the food not easily digestive like and thus releases gases like methane, hydrogen and carbon dioxide which get accumulated in the stomach and cause all the havoc.
Here is the list of best home remedies for gas or bloating:
1. Fennel seeds or saunf
Fennel seeds are a natural carminative herb. It stimulates the gas to pass through the intestinal tract and aids in smooth digestion. It provides relief in the gas or bloating and if taken regularly then improves the digestive process and thus cures the gastric problem itself.
- Chew a handful of fennel seeds after taking meals.
- You can also add them to the tea.
For infants: Add few fennel seeds to the boiling water. Then set it aside to cool and then strain the water. Spoon feed this water to the infant. Mother can also take this water.
2. Carom seeds or ajwain
Carom seeds or ajwain is one of the best recipes for gastric or any stomach related problems. It cleanses the stomach and aids in digestion, therefore allows the gas to pass through.
It is highly beneficial for pregnant ladies as indigestion is the major problem at that time. These can also be added to the food recipes.
- Chew ajwain with a glass of warm water at the time of gastric pain.
- Add few ajwain seeds to the boiling water. Strain the water and drink it for instant relief from gas or bloating.
3. Fenugreek seeds or Methi
Fenugreek seeds or methi is an aromatic herb that is used widely in Indian cooking to add a nice flavor to recipes. It is also known to be a medicinal herb and is very effective in stomach disorders like inflammation, bloating and gastric pain.
- Gulp down few fenugreek seeds with warm water after meals.
- Add them while cooking food to enhance the aroma and flavor of food dishes.
4. Asafoetida or Heeng
Asafoetida or heeng has a very strong odor that gives a strong flavor and taste to the food. It is used widely in every Indian household while preparing food to make it easily digestive and aromatic.
Regular use of asafoetida reduces gas or bloating and can even cure gastric problems for permanent.
- Add a pinch of asafoetida while tempering to make the dish.
- Mix a pinch of asafoetida to a spoon of water and apply it around the naval for instant relief from stomach ache.
Ginger is an all rounder herbal root which has many health benefits. Relief from bloating, inflammation, gastric pain is another of its benefits. It is anti-inflammatory and carminative in nature.
It aids in the digestive process and relieves gas easily.
- Take a small ginger root and grate it. Add this to the boiling water. Then after few minutes strain the water and drink it.
- Take one tablespoon of ginger juice and add a pinch of black salt to it. Take this twice a day.
- Or else, you can also add ginger to the tea.
Buttermilk is a very healthy and digestive drink that should be included in your everyday diet for at least once a day. The lactose present in the milk is not easily digestive in some but in the process of conversion of milk to buttermilk, this lactose gets converted into lactic acid which is very easy to digest.
It keeps the digestive system on track by aiding the digestive process and permanently stops the problem gas or bloating.
- Add a pinch of roasted cumin powder (jeera) and rock salt to the glass of buttermilk. Drinking it with lunch is a suitable time.
Lemon is a natural cleanser that cleanses out the toxins accumulated in the body. It improves the digestive process and allows the gas to pass through the intestinal tract instantly.
- Squeeze a lemon into a glass of water and add a pinch of black salt to taste. Drink this empty stomach in the morning.
8. Pranayam or yoga
Pranayam is the most natural remedy that can provide instant relief from gas. Many pranayam and yoga can be practiced according to one’s choice. These postures help relieve the gas by positioning the body in such a way that it puts pressure on the internal organs and thus becomes easy for the gas to come out.
- Vajrasana – Sit with your legs folded back for 10-15 minutes.
- Kapalbhati – Do it for a permanent cure from all gastric problems.
- Seated twist yoga –
- Eat light food, chew it properly.
- Do not do over eating.
- Take meals at right time.