Leucoderma or Vitiligo is a very rare disease and it is estimated that about 1.5 % percent of the people in the world suffer from it. It is a skin disease that causes loss of color of the skin or skin turns white. It can cover any part of the body from hair to toe. Generally, it starts from a small white spot but if not treated timely then gradually the size keeps increasing and every inch of the body turns white.
Discoloration of the skin occurs due to the less formation of the pigment called Melanin, which imparts color to our skin. Decrease in melanocytes in not exactly known. But some of the causes attributes to this disease are a hereditary disorder, faulty diet, stress etc.
Here we provide you a list of home remedies for leucoderma:
Giloy is a natural plant found in the farms of India and is very beneficial for many diseases. It has the potential of fighting against the most chronic diseases to maintain a healthy body.
It purifies the blood and thus cures skin disorders. White patches on the skin start getting normal skin in just one month of starting the giloy juice.
- Grind the giloy stick with some water.
- Drink this half small cup of giloy juice empty stomach in the morning.
2. Babchi seeds
Babchi seeds are anti bacterial, anti fungal and aromatic in nature. These are considered the best home remedy for leucoderma or vitiligo. It helps heal the skin by stimulating the formation of melanin.
- Soak few babchi seeds in ginger juice for three days.
- Change the ginger juice daily. Then on the third day remove the seed husk by rubbing with hand.
- Put these husk removed seeds in the sun to dry and then powder them.
- Take the 1 gm of powder with milk daily.
3. Bael fruit
Bael fruit is considered very beneficial in skin diseases like leucoderma. This pulpy fruit helps in the pigmentation of skin and restores the skin color due to the presence of carotene in this fruit. It also increases the sun tolerance.
- Apply the fruit pulp onto the affected skin.
- Eat an extract of unripe bael fruit.
4. Tulsi or Basil leaves
Tulsi or basil leave is antiseptic and antibacterial in nature. It is a sacred plant found in every Indian household. It is highly beneficial for skin and provides instant relief.
Tulsi is a very effective remedy for leucoderma, it helps restore the original skin color and removes the dead cells.
- Take 2-3 tulsi leaves and crush them.
- Mix some lemon juice with these crushed leaves.
- Apply this mixture on white skin 2-3 times a day and wash after few minutes.
Sunlight is the most effective remedy for leucoderma or vitiligo. It has the potential of restoring the skin color naturally.
- Sit in the morning sunlight for 30 minutes.
Neem is an antiseptic tree and is widely used to treat skin disorders. It is found in large in India and its every part is beneficial for a human. Neem leaves purify the blood and thus treats leucoderma or vitiligo for permanent.
- Take some neem leaves and make a powder. Add this powder to a glass of water. Drink this daily.
- Or else, make a paste of neem powder by mixing it with water. Apply this paste on affected areas.
Turmeric is an excellent antiseptic available easily in your kitchen. It is very beneficial in skin related problems due to its skin rejuvenating property.
- Mix turmeric powder and mustard oil to make a smooth paste.
- Now, apply this paste on the white patches in the morning.
- Wash it off after 30-45 minutes.
8. Red clay
Red clay is found in the river beds of Asia and Africa. It contains a large amount of copper which rejuvenates and brightens the skin. It helps in the pigmentation of the skin and saves the person from this awful skin disease.
Red clay is also a natural exfoliator and removes the dead skin and cells effectively.
- Mix red clay with rose water and apply it on the clean skin. Let it dry for 5-10 minutes and then wash it away.
- Or else, mix red clay with a small amount of ginger juice. Apply it on the clean skin and let it dry. Rinse it off gently.