Premature graying of mustache and beard is a sensitive problem these days hampering with the good looks of the man. Getting gray hair so early in life is very disgusting and make a person look old.
Melanin pigment imparts a black color to the hair and its deficiency or total absence from scalp leads to the graying hair.
There are many reasons behind the early graying of hairs like stress, malnutrition, hereditary factors and excessive consumption of alcohol. Emotional stress or mental tensions are the major factors behind this.
Apart from chemical dyes and various hair colors available in the market which have temporary effect with lots of side effects, there are many natural home remedies which provide long lasting benefit with no side effects.
Here we list top home remedies for premature gray or white mustache and beard:
Curry leaves are considered effective to blacken the graying mustache and beard.
- Boil few curry leaves in a coconut oil. Cool this mixture and apply it on mustache and beard.
- Boil few curry leaves in water till the water reduces to half. Cook down the water and drink it daily for good results.
Lemon is a good remedy and helps give black color to mustache and beard hair.
- Take 1/2 cup of water and add two spoons of sugar to it.
- Now add 1/2 lemon juice to the mixture and apply it to the mustache and beard.
3. Cow’s butter
Cows butter keeps the blackness of mustache and beard hair intact if used daily. It also provides natural sheen and shine to the rough hair.
- Massage cows butter on mustache and beard for 5-10 minutes gently.
Flaxseeds have Omega 3 fatty acids present in abundant which helps recover black mustache and beard hair.
- Eat one spoon of flax seeds daily.
5. Mint leaves
Mint or pudina leaves are also very beneficial for graying mustache and beard.
- Add few mint leaves to the water and boil it.
- Drink this water once a day regularly.
6. Amla powder and coconut oil
Amla or Indian Gooseberry is a very effective remedy that gives black color to the mustache and beard by nourishing them. Amla is known since ages for its property of imparting a black color to the hair.
It is also the main ingredient in many commercial shampoos and other powders which claim to make the hair black.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of coconut oil with 1 teaspoon of amla powder.
- Boil the mixture.
- Cool it off and apply on the gray hair.
7. Tulsi leaves
Tulsi leaves are also very helpful in restoring in the black hair of mustache and beard. These are antiseptic in nature and have the ability to treat almost all ailments in the body.
- Mix few tulsi leaves in some onion juice.
- Apply this mixture on affected areas.
- Wash it off after few minutes.
8. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is also a very effective and easy remedy to get rid of gray hair. It is a natural remedy to impart a black color to the mustache and beard.
- Apply aloe vera gel on the mustache and beard.
- Mix aloe vera juice with cow’s butter and massage it on gray hairs.