Cataract is an old age eyesight problem. Every person above or of the age of 60 encounters this eye problem and it makes the person blind if not treated early and properly.
The crystalline lens becomes blurry losing its clarity and makes the vision cloudy. Slowly, with the passing time, the lens gets cloudy and results in weak vision.
For the whole lifetime, our eyes get exposed to ultraviolet rays in the sunlight and suffer through a large amount of pollution. Also, the wrong eating habits and smoking put a negative effect on the eye gradually. Prolonged effect of these factors finally impacts the vision and leads to blindness.
There are surgical procedures available to cure cataract but home remedies are much better and easy option that preserve your original eyesight if adopted at the right time (ie at the beginning phase of catatract).
Few home remedies for cataract when it is just at the beginning phase or is not in the position to get operated:
Garlic is a very good and efficient medicine for many diseases. The antiseptic properties of garlic cleanse the system and also clean the cloudy crystalline lens of the eye.
- Chew 2-3 cloves of garlic daily empty stomach in the morning for best results.
2. Rosewater and lemon juice
Rose water and lemon juice make for an effective mixture which can cure cataract permanently if it’s in the beginning phase only.
- Mix both in equal quantities and fill it in a small bottle.
- Pour 2 -3 drops of this mixture in your eyes regularly.
Almonds have lots of vitamin and proteins. It has a number of health benefits, one being strengthening vision to keep the cataract at bay.
- Soak 4-5 almonds in the water overnight. Peel them off in the morning and eat with a glass of warm milk.
- Or else, soak them in the milk overnight so that the nutrients from almond get soaked into the milk. Apply this milk on the eyelids to reduce redness and irritation.
4. Honey, onion, ginger and lemon
Ginger, honey, lemon and onion are very beneficial ingredients and together make for an effective cure for eye problems. The juice of these herbs increases the vision power of eyes and prevents the lens from losing its power with increasing age and thus prevents cataract.
- Take the same quantity of lemon juice, onion juice, honey and ginger juice and mix them all together to make a nice eye drop.
- Store this eye drop in a clean bottle and put 2 drops in your eyes twice a day.
- This eye drop is safe to use for 1 month and discard the remaining one after this 1 month.
Note: Do not use this if you have undergone any eye surgery.
5. Raw green vegetables and fruits
Raw vegetables and fruits rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin E are great for eyes. According to a research, lens of the eye has the highest concentration of Vitamin C than any other part of the body.
Boiling vegetables reduce the nutrients and vitamins otherwise present in abundance in raw ones. Make it a daily habit to include raw vegetables like carrot, radish, tomato, cucumber, spinach and other salads in your diet.
Fruits are also highly recommended as a cure for any type of eye problem including cataract.
6. Eye exercises
Eyes like all other parts of the body, also need a regular exercise and yoga to improve and protect the vision to avoid cataract as the age advances.
- Early Sunlight is very beneficial for the eyes. At the time when sun rises, the light is reddish orange in color with little light which is very good for the healthy vision.
- Various yogas and pranayams are very beneficial for your eyesight.
- Palming – Cover your eyes entirely with your palms and put your elbows on the table. Now breathe deeply and see through the darkness. Do this for at least 10 minutes twice a day.
7. Herbal mixture
Herbs are the best remedy to cure cataract and provide some of the best results as recommended by grandmothers. Herbs to use are Aniseeds, Black pepper, Coriander and brown sugar.
These herbs treat all the ailments like cataract and help keep your eyesight healthy and clean until old age.
- Mix together aniseed powder, powdered brown sugar and coriander powder in the same amount.
- Now add half a amount of powdered black pepper to this mixture.
- Store this mixture in a air tight glass jar and take one table spoon every morning with breakfast.