Good looks are what matters for everyone and it certainly adds to your positive personality. Among many attributes of not so good looking personality, dark circles under the eye also acquire a prominent place. People believe that bags under the eye mar the beauty of the face.
Dark circles are mainly caused due to excess stress, improper diet, inadequate sleep, excessive smoking and drinking, allergies, hormonal imbalances during menstruation and pregnancy, pollution and increasing age.
Now to curb it first of all you have to work on the above said causes. Lifestyle changes like adequate sleep, proper nutritional diet will help you a lot in stopping dark circles.
Other than that there are many expensive cosmetic products of various brands are available which will only temporarily cover your dark circles and ultimately harm the skin in long run.
So, it’s always better to go for inexpensive and readily available home products which help preserve the natural glow of the skin even if used daily and for whole life.
Here is the list of best home remedies for dark circles under the eye:
1. Almond oil
Almond oil is rich in minerals and Vitamin E that rejuvenate the delicate skin under the eye and also lightens the dark circles. It is very easy to use and gives the results in just a week of regular application.
- Massage a drop of almond oil on dark circles gently with your fingers for few minutes.
- Leave it overnight and wash the face next morning.
- Repeat the process daily while going to bed.
Cucumber is a very common beauty regime used in almost all beauty salons during face massages. When placed on eyes it soothes down the heaviness and imparts a cooling effect to your eyes and area under them.
It soothes down the stressed eyes which in turn, remove the blemishes under them.
- Place a slice of refrigerated cucumber on both eyes relax for few minutes.
- Wash the face and repeat the process once a day for a week to get the best results.
3. Lemon juice
Lemon juice is a natural bleaching agent due to the presence of Vitamin C, therefore, it is best known for its skin lightening properties.
- Dip a cotton ball in a lemon juice.
- Dab this cotton on the dark circles gently.
- Wash the face and repeat the same daily until dark circle vanishes away.
Potato is a natural astringent that removes the dark circles. Raw potato is very effective in this and also cures puffiness under the eyes that occur due to less sleep and stress.
- Grate the raw potato and extract the juice. Dip a cotton in the potato juice and dab it gently on the dark circles. Wash the face after few minutes.
- Or else, place the slices of raw potato on your eyes covering the dark circles under them.
Tomato is also an effective remedy for dark circles. It is a powerful bleaching agent that lightens the skin naturally and also imparts natural glow and softness to the skin.
It is beneficial both when consumed internally and when applied externally.
- Apply tomato juice on the dark circles twice a day. Leave it for few minutes and then wash it off.
- Or else, eat a raw tomato in a salad daily for the fresh and glowing skin.
- Or else, Drink a glass of tomato juice with mint leaves and black salt once a day. Do this daily.
Yoga and meditation are mandatory to lead a healthy lifestyle. One of the reasons behind dark circles is stress and depression. The mind has a big role to play and if it is not at peace then all in vain.
Yoga and meditation for half an hour a day not only keep you healthy but will also calm your mind, refreshes you and induces positive vibes in your inner being.
7. Rose water
Rose water is a coolant and refreshing toner that rejuvenates the dull skin. It removes the dust particles from the face which if when accumulated on the face for long results in dark circles and blemishes on the face.
- Take cotton dipped in rose water and place it on your eyes covering the dark circles under them.
- Leave them for about 10 minutes and then wash it off.
- Repeat the process twice a day and get the results within a week.
8. Orange juice
Orange juice is also a natural rejuvenator and possesses many health benefits.
- Apply orange juice mixed with glycerin on the dark circles. Leave it overnight and wash off the next morning.
- Or else, drink a glass of orange juice daily for the naturally glowing skin.
9. Cold water
Cold water is a good remedy to remove dark circles and puffiness under the eyes. It constricts the blood vessels
- Take ice cubes and wrap them in a cloth. Now place this cloth on the eyes covering dark circles.
- Or else, dip a soft cloth in cold water and place it on the eyes gently.
Turmeric powder is an ingredient used in every food recipe. Moreover, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric also make it a wonderful beauty product. It provides an overall glow to the skin by removing dark circles and blemishes.
- Take a small amount of turmeric powder and add rose water swiftly to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste on the face and leave for few minutes.
- Then wash it off with plain water and do not use face wash.
11. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is itself a nourishing and repairing agent. It lightens the dark circles and protects them from further harm by forming a protective layer on the skin when used regularly.
- Massage a drop of coconut oil on the dark circles when you go to bed.
12. Cold milk
Cold milk also helps remove dark circles and soothes the inflamed under eye area.
- Soak a cotton in cold milk and dab it gently on the dark circles.