Lips are the most beautiful part of the face. Lip skin is super soft and thin which easily gets damaged on exposure to harsh conditions.
They do not have oil glands for automatic generation. Thus need proper care and an external moisturizing agent for nourishment especially in the winter season.
The chapped, dry, itchy, cracked, and painful lips are the result of :
- Exposure to sun
- Harsh Winter air
- Licking of lips
- Overuse of cosmetics
Among all these, winter climate plays the greatest havoc. Dry lips can start bleeding in the worst cases. There are many fancy and glittery lip balms and sticks available in the market that claim to nourish the lips. But one should know better than to come into the trap. Regular and long time use of these products blackens the lips.
Home remedies for dry lips are an unbeatable natural cure for all the damage done by external factors.
So here we bring you the best home remedies for dry lips in the winter season:
1. Almond oil
Almond oil is a very effective and natural moisturizer for delicate and dry lips in winter. The vitamin E present in it gets absorbed into the soft skin of lips and provides nourishment that repairs the dry lips.
- It also makes the lip soft and supple and that too within a few minutes of applying.
Glycerin is a humectant that locks the moisture into the skin and thus makes the dry lips soft and damage free. It also restores the natural pink color of lips.
- Mix an equal amount of both glycerin and rose water.
Sugar crystals act as a scrub or exfoliator. They help remove the dead skin cells of lips and restores the softness. It freshens the dry lips and nourishes them.
- Mix sugar and honey and apply it on the wet lips in a circular motion.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes and then rinse it off. Practice this twice a week.
Honey is a good nourishing agent that soothes down the irritating lips in the cold weather. It makes for a commendable remedy with many other readily available and natural things like lemon, glycerin and sugar. It removes the chapped and dead skin on the lip.
- Mix small amounts of honey with either lemon juice, glycerin or sugar.
- Apply it on the dry lips.
- Rinse it after few minutes.
Ghee is the most natural and most effective remedy. It moistens and nourishes the dry lips and heals the damaged lip skin for a longer time.
- Just apply a drop of ghee on the lips whenever you feel chapped lips.
Milk is another efficiently tested and tried remedy used for ages. ‘Malai’ is formed on the top layer of milk when it is boiled. This malai provides real nourishment restoring the natural beauty of lips.
- Apply a small amount of malai all over the dry lips and feel the result in just a few seconds.
Lemon is a natural astringent and brightening agent that restores the natural color and keeps them moisturized.
- Apply lemon juice over the dry lips mixed with glycerin or honey.
8. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is a very good moisturizer. A lot of healthy nutrients present in it nourish the dry lips and also repair the damaged skin.
- Take a fresh aloe vera leaf. Cut it vertically and extract the gel.
- Apply this gel on your lips overnight or in the morning.