Food poisoning is a very common problem that is very acute among the people of all age groups whether child or the old ones. It should not be taken lightly and start a proper treatment when diagnosed.
The symptoms pointing towards food poisoning are vomiting, stomach cramps, fever, loose motion, headache, weakness.
The main causes of food poisoning are an intake of foul or contaminated food infested with bacteria and virus growth. This intoxicated food interferes with the inner digestive system. Therefore causing all the water loss through water loss and vomiting.
Now, home remedies come handy in this type of disease as they are readily available and are naturally safe for your body.
Here is the list of best home remedies for food poisoning:
Garlic is one of the best home remedies for all the health problems. Its anti microbial and antibiotic properties make it a favorable one.
- Take a clove of garlic with water.
2. Basil leaves
Basil is also antiseptic in nature, that if taken regularly keeps a person away from all disease. At the time of food poisoning, it relieves the stomach cramps and flushes out the toxins accumulated in the body.
- Eat 2-3 basil leaves once a day empty stomach with water.
- Or else, add 2-3 leaves to warm water. Drink this herbal water once a day.
3. Baking soda
Baking soda is alkaline in nature and it kills the germs and bacteria in the stomach effectively. It is recommended as one of the best remedies for food poisoning.
- Add a pinch of baking soda to the cup of water. Drink it at once.
Ginger is an all time very effective remedy for all the digestion related woes. Its aroma and anti bacterial properties kill the bacteria that cause food poisoning.
- Mix 1 tea spoon of ginger juice with a small amount of honey and gulp it twice a day.
- Or else, add grated ginger to the warm water. Also, add honey and drink this tea twice a day.
- You can also add grated ginger to your daily food.
5. Fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek seeds or methi is also very good for digestion. It possesses all the properties required to keep all the stomach ailments at side. It relieves stomach pain during food poisoning and helps in the smooth functioning of stomach.
- Take 1 teaspoon of raw methi with warm water twice a day.
- Or else, take fenugreek seeds with curd twice a day.
The curd is also antimicrobial and anti bacterial in nature that helps kill the bacteria.
6. Rice and curd
Rice and curd are the light food options that will satisfy the hunger demands of your body without doing any further damage to the already weak stomach.
Eatti them in small (one medium sized bowl) quantities for 3-4 times a day. Eat only fresh rice and curd. Cook rice and eat it at the same time. Then for next interval cook them again. Same way, eat curd made the same day and not of the previous day.
The food if not taken fresh can worsen your condition.
Lemon is acidic in nature which helps cleanse out the system by killing any type of bacteria present in the system. Its anti bacterial and antibiotic properties works best once lemon juice enters our system.
Thus, it effectively provides relief from food poisoning and rejuvenates the weakened digestive process.
- Add a lemon juice to a glass of warm water.
- Also, add one tea spoon of honey.
- Drink this 2-3 times a day.
8. Ajwain or carom seeds
Ajwain is an ayurvedic remedy that provides quick relief from all the digestive problems. It cures the food poisoning by killing bacteria present in the digestive tract.
- Roast one tablespoon of carom seeds in a pan and add a pinch of black salt.
- Take this mixture 2-3 times a day with warm water.
9. Coconut water
Coconut water is also a very good one to consume during food poisoning. It keeps the body hydrated and supports the weakened digestive system.
- Drink at least 2 glass of coconut water for morning and evening each.
- Take only liquid diet at regular intervals of time.
- Avoid solid food for at least 24-48 hours.
- Give full rest to your body to heal.
- Drink lot of water.
- Wait for maximum 24 hours to get back into good condition.
- If the condition keeps worsening then consult the doctor immediately for good treatment.