In these advanced times, everything is modernized and not the smallest thing is left behind untouched. Even the natural hair oils are now chemically treated. They are artificially perfumed and comes in an attractive packaging, claiming to promote the hair growth, and are usually successful in alluring the potential customers.
But try your best not to get attracted to these chemical infused artificial products in the form of hair gels, hair lotions, hair creams and perfumed hair oils. These give an only temporary show to your hair and after few months leads to an untimely hair fall, frizziness, graying of hair and baldness.
Additionally, other reasons behind the hair damage are hormonal imbalance, malnutrition, pollution, stress etc.
Now let’s have look at the natural remedies that can help you grow your hair long and shiny at small expense only. Along with that, home remedies do not have side effects and they are the best available solution in the long run to maintain a good hair growth.
We give you the list of home remedies for hair growth:
1. Oil massage
A good, deep and relaxing oil massage is a must for your head, required at least 2-3 times a week. It soothes the dry scalp by increasing the blood circulation and provides proteins, vitamins, minerals, omega 3 fatty acids and beta-carotene, the lack of which leads to all the hair damage.
Many natural oils are available which are equally effective in restoring the overall hair growth. Coconut oil in summer, mustard oil (sarson ka tel) in winters, olive oil and castor oil for every season. There are others also like amla oil, almond oil, argan oil, jojoba oil and lavender oil.
- Take a mild warm oil in a bowl.
- Apply it to the hair starting from root to tip.
- Now gently massage it with fingertips.
- Leave it for an hour or you can keep it overnight.
- Then, wash your hair with a nice shampoo.
2. Amla or Indian Gooseberry
Amla is one of the best home remedies for hair growth. It contains many nutrients and Vitamin that accelerate the hair length and volume both. Also, it can be consumed in various forms like eaten raw, taken in powder form or drink its juice. Being beneficial in every form, it’s upon you to decide in what way you want it, considering its extremely bitter taste.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of amla juice with a cup of water and drink it twice a day.
- Or else, take one tablespoon of amla powder with water twice a day.
- Or else, eat a small piece of raw Amla, if you can.
- Apply amla hair oil on your scalp and massage well before going for a head wash.
3. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is one of such herbal plant that has many benefits. It adds volume and luster to the hair and strengthens the root follicles. This, in turn, helps in the hair growth.
- Apply aloe vera gel to the hair for 20-25 minutes. Rinse it off with normal water.
- Drink 2 tablespoons of aloe vera juice mixed with a cup of water daily in the morning.
Henna is a very good natural conditioner that helps in the steady hair growth. It strengthens the root follicles, gives a luster to the dry and rough hair and adds volume. It is also helpful in controlling the premature graying of hair and imparts a tint of red shine to the gray hair.
- Mix henna powder with water and few drops of lemon juice in an iron vessel overnight.
- Apply it evenly to head next morning.
- Wash it off thoroughly after 30 minutes and then apply some oil to the dry hair.
- Repeat the process at least once a week and see the results in just a month.
5. Fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek seed or methi is also a natural conditioner for the hair. It promotes the hair growth or in other words, adds volume and length to the hair. Additionally, help you deal with dandruff and dry or itchy scalp effectively. It also gives a natural shine to the hair.
- Soak few methi seeds in a water overnight.
- In the morning make the paste and apply it evenly to hair.
- Wash it off after about half an hour.
- Repeat this at least twice a month
6. Coconut oil
Be close to nature as much as you can, get rid of chemicals you are using. More use of natural things will keep you healthy and fit in old age too. Coconut oil is one such natural product, with no added chemicals, that provides shine, strength and volume to your hair. Also, moisturizes the dry scalp thus preventing dandruff.
- Apply some coconut oil gently in your hair at least 2-3 hours before going to a head wash on regular basis.
- Boil some coconut oil in a pan and add few dry curry leaves to it. Now after it cools down, massage with this oil.
Tip: Coconut oil is best to be used in summers only. As in winters, it tends to solidify.
7. Onion juice
Among many of the grandmother’s tips for hair growth, onion juice predominates as one of the most effective remedies. Onion juice provides all the essential nutrients required for the strong root follicles. The presence of adequate minerals and vitamins in the hair allows them to grow in length and volume both.
- Grind an onion with some water. Now strain the onion juice.
- Mix this juice with a small amount of any oil.
- Then massage it on the hair just like you do with any oil.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash it off with a mild shampoo.