Female infertility or sterility has increased considerably in last 4-5 years, modern lifestyle has contributed a lot it. According to a research, only 3 out of 10 couples have been able to conceive easily and naturally. All others either conceive after trying for months or in some cases have to resort to medical treatments.
The medical treatments such as surrogacy and IVF enable the couples to have their own baby. But these are very expensive, not affordable to everyone and are also bad for the women health in long run making it weak and fragile.
There are a number of reasons behind female infertility: Hormonal imbalance, Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), Endometriosis, Uterine problems, Pelvic inflammatory disease and Fallopian tube blockage.
Poor nutrition and sedentary lifestyles are the other main causes of increasing female infertility. Some other common factors causing it are thyroid, diabetes, overweight, underweight, less sleep, excessive stress, smoking, drinking heavily, regular use of birth control pills and advanced mature age of above 30.
Motherhood is the most satisfying and soul enriching feeling bestowed to a woman. Giving birth to a living soul is the best gift she can ask for. Therefore not being able to conceive comes as a setback. But do not give up the hope as there are many effective natural home treatments available which are used since long ago by our ancestors.
They do give good results when followed with proper nutritional diet and healthy lifestyle.
Here is the list of some home remedies for female infertility:
- Take a good night sleep of about 6-7 hours.
- Say no to processed foods, processed grains and food or drinks containing artificial sweeteners. Eat only whole grain diet.
- Eat green vegetables and lots of fruits.
- Exercise moderately along with yoga.
- Drink plenty of fluids and water.
- Do not take too much stress or if possible not at all.
- Stay away from harmful chemicals like cosmetics, plastic water bottles and there are much more.
- Avoid any kind of antidepressants, steroids and other medicines that can impair fertility.
1. Folic acid
Folic acid, also known as Vitamin B is main building block during the initial stages of pregnancy. Absence or deficiency of folic acid in the female body can lead to lifetime disability in the child. So generally doctors recommend it full time during pregnancy for the proper growth of the baby.
It also enables the females to conceive by helping in some positive hormonal changes. Females should start taking folic acid 3 months prior to trying to conceive.
2. Basil leaves
Basil is a herbal plant and aids in a number of diseases of the body. It is also found to be effective in curing female infertility.
- Chew 3 basil leaves with a glass of water empty stomach in the morning daily.
- Or else, with basil leaves drink a glass of cow’s milk daily morning.
Garlic is a natural remedy found to be useful in a number of diseases and is also recommended as the best of the home remedies for female infertility. It should be consumed mostly during the winter season.
- Chew 2-3 garlic cloves in the morning daily with a glass of cow’s milk.
Cinnamon helps improve the functioning of reproductive organs. It fights against the major infertility factors like PCOS and uterine fibroids. It controls the irregular periods and thus balances the menstrual cycle in women with PCOS.
- Take a tea spoon of cinnamon powder with a glass of hot water.
Coconut is considered bliss for fertility. Its oil and raw coconut both maintain the hormonal balances and tones up the reproductive organs to bear a child.
It regulates the hyperthyroid, weight loss, heart health and blood sugar levels. All these are the main factor that hinders the fertility in the female. Once these are kept in control, it leads to healthy pregnancy. It also improves the quality of breast milk.
- Use coconut oil as a dressing on the salad.
- Eat raw coconut.
- Drink coconut water.
- Use good quality coconut oil for cooking.
Olives are good for the body in all. They contain proteins and vitamins that are important for the stimulation of sex hormone in both women and men. Olives are also said to be stress busters and they help refresh the brain for new beginnings.
- Eat generous quantity of raw olives before taking food.
- Add some olive oil as a dressing on the salad.
Ashwagandha, also known as Indian Ginseng is a well-known miracle herb used in India since ancient times. It tones up the uterus to make it strong enough to bear a baby. It also deals with other imbalances of reproductive organs.
- Take a teaspoon of ashwagandha powder and take it with hot water once a day.
Note: Due to its hot nature, use it in consultation with the medicinal practitioner.
Ajwain or Carom seeds are good for boosting the functioning of reproductive organs and thus helps you fight against female infertility.
- Soak a spoon full of ajwain seeds in a glass of water overnight.
- Strain the water in the morning and boil it.
- Add some roasted cumin powder and rock salt to this water and drink it empty stomach.
- Do this process till you get any good results.
Yoga and pranayam (breathing exercises) are very beneficial and give results in long run. It maintains the overall functioning of the body to enable it to carry one more life within. It tones up the body and keeps you in good shape without putting any extra pressure like other machine ones do.
Also, pranayam and meditation are known to be great stress busters. Devoting at least an hour to it will benefit you in tons, that you can’t even imagine.
Meditation should be done by everyone for overall internal balancing of body physically and mentally both.