Loose motions drain the person of his all the energy. The digestive system goes on a whirlwind and you feel like a helpless creature just wanting to press the stop button to the next motions.
Here are the home remedies for loose motions:
Banana is the best to be eaten in loose motions as it contains a lot of fiber. Some of the minerals mainly potassium present in the banana helps the digestion get back to normal. It tightens the stool and brings back the motions to normal.
- Eat 2-3 bananas a day.
2. Buttermilk or lassi
Loose motions result in severe dehydration. The frequent loss of water drains you out of your energy. To supplement it, buttermilk is the best drink to go by. It restores the stamina and nourishes the body with the lost nutrients immediately.
- Drink a cup of buttermilk at a regular interval of 2-3 hours in the daytime only.
3. Coconut water
Coconut water is delicious to drink due to its natural sweetness. While suffering from loose motions it should be consumed frequently in small quantities to replenish the water lost from the body.
- Drink a small cup of coconut water at the interval of every 1 hour for 2-3 days, even after the loose motions have cured to regain the lost energy of the body.
4. Curd and Rice
Curd and rice make for a super delicious and healthy dish to be consumed while suffering from stomach ailments. It is easy to digest and also satiates the hunger pangs or food requirements of the body.
- Eat a medium bowl of curd and rice 2- 3 times at intervals of at least 4 hours.
5. Carom seeds
Carom seeds are the best digestive spices with a nice aroma and stomach relieving abilities. They provide instant relief in gastric pains caused due to loose motions.
- Take a teaspoon of carom seeds with lukewarm water 2 times a day.
Pomegranate is also a good source of revitalizing the fading energy after continuous motions.
- Eat pomegranate seeds or you can extract the juice too.
Isabgol is a pure plant based fiber that helps increase the density of stool. It solidifies the running motions by adding lots of fibre to the diet.
- Take 2 tablespoons of isabgol in aowl and mix it with same amount of curd. Eat it immediately as it tends to get thicker if kept for few minutes.
- Take it a at intervals of 2-3 hours a day, when loose motions are in bad condition.
Lemon water keeps the body hydrated. It also help provide the lost minerals from the body.
- Drink a half glass of lemon water 2-3 times a day.
9. Fenugreek or Methi seeds
Methi is also very good herb for digestion. It provides instant relief from gastric pains.
- Eat a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds with water.
Honey is a soothing agent, it cools down the inflammation in the stomach caused due to the food poisoning.
- It can be added to lemon water, and it will be doubly beneficial.
- Avoid drinking milk till loose motions recover.
- Keep hydrating yourself at a regular interval of 1 hour.