Neck Pain is a common problem encountered mainly by people with long working hours, wrong sleeping positions and neck strain or injury during exercise.
Here we bring you 7 best home remedies for neck pain:
1. Hot Pack
The Hot Pack is one of the effective methods to reduce neck strain or neck stiffness. The warmth of water helps increase the blood flow which ultimately decreases the neck pain.
- Place a hot water bottle on your neck for 15 minutes.
- Repeat the process at the interval of 3 hours till the pain gets relieved.
- Soak a towel in hot water and place it on the stiffened neck area.
2. Ice Pack
The Ice Pack effectively cools down the aggravating inflammation in the neck. Thus allows the muscles to relax.
⦁ Crush some ice and fill it in the poly bag.
⦁ Wrap this poly bag in some cloth or towel.
⦁ Place it on the sore area for 15 minutes.
⦁ Repeat the process every 3-4 hours till the pain lessens.
⦁ You can buy ready to use cool pads available at your nearest chemist shop.
Exercise is the best remedy for neck pain without any negative effects. The wide range of exercises there is the best way to reduce your neck sore.
First of all sit in a straight position, flat against the wall perpendicularly. Shoulders should be back, touching the wall and same with the head. Now here are the two motions you have to practice, this will cause a little pain in starting but then afterward helps in healing:
⦁ Slowly move your head to the sides.
⦁ Also move your head up and down slowly.
If the movement hurts too much, then don’t do it and consult your doctor.
Massaging is also an effective way of reducing neck pain. You can massage the problem area by applying various oils like lavender, pine or rose oil.
⦁ Rub some oil on the pain affected areas.
⦁ Massage in circular motions applying gentle pressure.
You can also use analgesic balms and Iodex for massaging.
Note: For more good results, use massager or vibrator available in the market. The massager would give you home physiotherapy and surely relieves the neck pain.
5. Ajwain seeds
Ajwain seeds are said to have warm properties and thus acts as an antiseptic in many diseases including neck pain.
- Roast ajwain seeds on gas.
- Now place these roasted ajwain seeds in a soft cloth like a handkerchief and tie a knot.
- Press this hanky on pain affected area slowly and gently.
Turmeric is known to be antiseptic in nature. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that ease down the neck pain.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder to the milk.
- Boil it and drink it two times a day till the pain subsides.
Ginger is also an anti-inflammatory spice present in almost all kitchens. It increases the blood flow to the affected areas and provides a sure relief from neck pain.
- Add few ginger pieces to the boiling water and also add some honey. Drink the concoction.
- Also, add ginger to the tea you drink. Drink it twice a day for fast relief.