Wisdom teeth are the third set of molars, present at the last position in our mouth. They are also called vestigial organs, as are not of any use, apart from causing nail biting pain.
Wisdom teeth start appearing at the age between 17 to 25 depending upon individualists body functions. That’s not enough, they can cause pain even at old age or mid age. Nevertheless, whatever the age be they cause a lot of unbearable pain.
Pain is so deadly that it poses a problem in chewing and biting. Also, causes severe headaches and pain in the whole mouth. In all affects the whole facial area. There is no other solution than to try home remedies for wisdom teeth pain and wait for it to subside.
So here are few home remedies for wisdom teeth pain:
1. Warm water with salt
Warm water provides relief in all types of pain. It is a self sufficient healing agent. Also, it is the easiest and effective remedy of all.
- Take a glass of warm water.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Keep this water in your mouth for few minutes at regular intervals of time.
The heat would lessen the wisdom teeth pain and provide you some relief.
Clove is commonly used since long times for mouth problems. It has anesthetic and analgesic properties that numb the pain. It also has antibacterial and antiseptic properties which protect the mouth from any further infection.
It can be taken in both forms: whole clove or clove oil.
- If taking a whole clove then just place 2-3 cloves near the aching tooth. In few minutes, it will start releasing oil which helps in relieving the pain.
- If using clove oil, then just dab a cotton dipped in clove oil on the aching tooth. Reapply whenever the wisdom teeth pain starts appearing.
Onion has a good antiseptic and antibacterial properties that kill the germs perpetrating in the mouth. But try this only if you are able to withstand the strong taste of raw onion.
- Cut the raw onion into two slices.
- Place one slice of onion on the aching tooth.
- Also, chew it in between, as the juice is also good for wisdom teeth pain.
Use it on regular intervals throughout the day.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is useful in many problems. It also works really well in relieving wisdom teeth pain. It is a very helpful remedy and provides immediate relief.
- Take a tablespoon of it in your mouth and keep it in their for 5 minutes.
- Take the vinegar on a cotton pad and dab it on the aching wisdom tooth for 5 minutes.
5. Guava Leaves
Guava leaves along with Guava fruit has many uncountable benefits. These contain Vitamins, antioxidants antibacterial agents. All of them together helps cure a toothache and swollen gums.
- Boil 2-3 leaves of Guava in water.
- Now chew these boiled leaves for few minutes.
- And then spit them out.