Minor burns usually occur while working in the kitchen. preparing food in the kitchen is all about working on a hot stove, handling hot utensils and touching hot food items. Sometimes you can accidentally touch the hot pot in hurry or there’s a possibility of some hot food item spilling on your hand or body. These mishappenings can cause minor burns along with deep pain. It is very common in the kitchen.
But if that minor burn is not treated immediately with some effective remedy then it can develop a blister and becomes a source of further pain. So, here we have curated a list of some effective home remedies for minor burns.
Home remedies for minor burns are:
Potato peels have the juicy moisture that soothes down the burning sensation in the wound. By reducing the sensation, the pain too subsides. They also have antibacterial properties that heal the burn fast and efficiently. It would stop the blister formation, which minimizes the intensity of the burn and it will reduce to nothing in just a few minutes.
- Take an appropriate size potato peel and press it on the burn slowly.
- Keep it there for a few minutes till the burning sensation goes away.
- Remove it after the pain goes away.
- Now there will remain a mark only, which would fade away with time.
Burnol is an antiseptic cream that heals the burn fast and prevents the infection from spreading. It also avoids the blister formation and saves further pain.
- Apply a generous amount of burnol on the burnt area.
3. Cold pack
Cold pack reduces the burning sensation and soothes down the burning pain. Ice or ice water should not be applied on the burnt area as the freezing temperature further damages the already exposed skin cells. So normal tap water is preferable. It would in seconds diminish the burning sensation.
- Soak a towel in tap water and press it on the burnt area for a few seconds only.
- the cold gel packs, that come with the refrigerator itself nowadays.